Matt, Molly, Kyle and JD

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Free Parts

So last year some guy at the mine decided that since he couldn't pay on his truck anymore he would just try to collect the insurance on it and roll it down a hill.
Matt being the kind a guy he is thought, I wonder if I could get the Turbo and injector pump off of that bad boy. He has had this idea for quite a little while. So last week he took a Garrett and another guy to see what could be done. They went into the little canyon from the bottom and tried to climb to the truck. Matt and Nate made it to the truck and Garrett stayed about half way up. Several rocks about took out Garrett and Matt has a ton of scratches and was pretty sore when he got home. Nate had a stick go through his hand and might have to have surgery on it. That was the first attempt.
Me being the silly person I am thought that was enough to make him not want to go back. I was wrong. This time Nate had to stay home but Matt, Garrett and Kyle Pietak went. Kyle had his camera and took some nice pictures.

Matt said that they found a better way to get up to the truck. This is a close up at about 200ft. above the truck. The truck was higher up the mountain but of course with all the ROCK SLIDES and all it has moved down some. Doesn't that sound safe.




They did get the parts they wanted and all made it out safe. We will see how much Matt gets out of his truck parts. I am just happy that he is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment