When I picked him he didn't really have a ton to say just that he played with Damien, Mr. Moore has a little library in his own class room, he had spaghetti for lunch and the only difference between Kindergarten and First Grade is that they sit in rows and they get a longer recess. I think he is going to be disappointed when he finds out that there is a few more differences.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Kyle's First Day of First Grade
Today was Kyle's first day back to school. He has been so excited for school to start up again. Yesterday we got out his first day outfit and I could tell it wasn't going to be fun for me on the real day. He picked out his shirt and pants and put his new shoes on and decided he wanted to try combing his hair. Then he went into my long mirror and looked for a minute then looked at me and said "I like it" like it was some hard decision he had to make.
We made a list of things for him to do when he woke up so he could get himself mostly ready in the morning. He did a great job getting everything done. He even learned how to tie his shoes. Grandma Kathy taught him when she was here. I was all excited to get up and make him some french toast, eggs and bacon so I asked him if he wanted something and he told me no. I couldn't believe it he just wanted cereal. Then I asked him if he wanted toast with honey on it (one of his favorites) again he told me no. Then he didn't even eat all his cereal. I thought he might be nervous. Then my tummy got nervous for him. On the way to school I asked him if he was ready or nervous he told me I have already been to Lincoln so I'm not really scared.
He is such a good lookin boy...even with all those missing teeth. He decided that that is how he wants his hair combed. It sticks up just a little in the front. I can't believe how grown up he is getting. He has his own ideas about how he wants to look and act.
And he is off! While I was walking him into the school I tried to hold his hand and he kept pulling it away from me. I finally asked him if he didn't want to hold my hand....he actually told me no. I couldn't believe it.
Right away he met up with his friend Gadiel.
Then he lined up when the bell rang with no problem.
Then he went in and sat down in his chair, and I had to go. I couldn't believe I was leaving him to start the First grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment